Abdominal pain for a week. Umbilical, lower abdominal and PR bleeding for 48 hours. Vomiting with occasional coffee grounds. Previous AAA repair.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
6.2 cm infrarenal aortic aneurysm containing gas with direct fistulation to the third part of the duodenum into which contrast is extravasating.
Pleural plaques. Lungs clear.
This is the kind of scan which makes even the coolest radiologist's heart skip a beat.
An absolute classic CT of an aortoenteric fistula. Unless you are a vascular surgeon or interventional radiologist, you won't see too many of these in your career.
The patient died before any treatment could be commenced.
1 article features images from this case
8 public playlist include this case
- Vascular by Dr Ian Bickle ◉
- cardiovascular by Dr Muhammad Bin Zulfiqar
- 19032021 by Dr Anil Kumar GV
- Chesterfield CT Radiographers CPD -Dec by Dr Ian Bickle ◉
- cardiovascular case by Doctor Hung Van Duong
- Interesting Cases by Seamus Culshaw
- 1 - viva july 2021 by Dr Derek Smith ◉
- Chesterfield Self Isolation 35 by Dr Ian Bickle ◉